Oh, file formats.
I had thought that I would’ve been able to get the Kikori plans out yesterday. After all, all I had to do was export the layered SVGs as DXFs.
Apparently this is easer said than done.
I had copied all the layers (different layers for different milling operations) into Inkscape (an open source vector graphics program), which I knew could export DXFs. What I didn’t discover until I had already assembled these files is that Inkscape’s DXF export won’t support layers. I found a plugin that’s supposed to address that issue (and others), but for whatever reason I could not get it to work reliably; one file exported fine, while the other did not have things positioned correctly.
Eventually I ended up using DraftSight, another free program, to re-assemble one of the files. I’ll release the files later today.